“Peppermint Bark” (variations are unlimited)
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 six-inch candy canes, chopped
- Any other topping can be used – nuts, fruits, etc.
- Line a 15 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ jelly roll pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper, leaving a 2″ overhang on two sides.
- In a micro-safe bowl, melt the dark chocolates on high. Stop and stir every 20 seconds until just-about melted (60-90 seconds total). Be careful to not over-melt. Spread it onto the prepared pan.
- In a safe bowl, melt the white chocolate on high, stop and stir every 20 seconds until just-melted.
- Drop small spoonfuls of white chocolate onto the dark chocolate. With a skewer, swirl the white chocolate through the dark.
- Let the chocolate set for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the candy canes, then refrigerate until set (about 30 minutes).
- Break or cut into pieces for serving.
Note: different nuts, dried fruit or other toppings can be used. White chocolate can be used for the base and drizzle with dark chocolate for a different look. Candy melts come in many different colors if you want to try something really different. Peanut butter (1 1/2 cups) can be stirred into base chocolate, follow same directions. Top with chocolate chips and stir when they melt.
This makes a great gift! Enjoy your chocolate!